The concept of an issue press release is not entirely different from that of a traditional press release, and the usual rules of writing an effective press release also apply to issue news releases. In both cases, attention should be given to answering the 5W1H questions (who, what, where, when, why, and how). The main difference is that issue press releases should be written with an eye on search engine algorithms, and with the judicious use of search engine optimization techniques.
The publication of press releases, special news, and interviews in various issue publications allows individuals and institutions to reach target audiences at the right time and in the right place. While issue press releases are similar to traditional press releases in terms of design and content, they differ from the latter in terms of search engine optimization and the media outlets they rely upon to get their messages across.
According to the Reuters Journalism Research Institute at Oxford University, Issue publications are preferred over traditional news sources by a whopping 85 percent of Turkish Internet users. What’s more, business press releases published on digital media (including social media) improve the image and reputation of the companies that use them. This is large because press releases remain online for years and are easily accessible by search engines.
Benefits of writing an issue press release
1) Issue press releases typically have a dynamic, user-friendly, and economic structure, especially when they are prepared by experienced online PR agencies. Press releases in business communication, in other words, professional PR news distribution services, can improve a brand’s image and reputation by utilizing the most influential online channels.
This difference derives from the fact that newswire press release rely primarily on digital platforms, including social media and other online channels. Nowadays, people spend more time on the Internet to keep abreast of the global news agenda, in addition to the following news closer to home. As a result of this trend, the preferred means of following breaking developments is shifting from traditional to online media platforms.
2) Issue press releases let you bolster your brand’s visibility via the most appropriate online channels for your particular target audience. They also keep you in regular contact with news agencies and other media outlets and can put you in touch with end-users.
3) Issue press releases allow you to benefit from the economic advantages afforded by digital platforms by offering highly cost-effective solutions and packages.
4) Issue press releases raise the visibility of your brand by utilizing effective search engine optimization techniques. Press releases can usually be accessed online, even if they were published a number of years ago.
5) Issue press releases provide opportunities to develop specifically tailored content marketing strategies through the use of advanced reporting systems. These systems provide detailed reports – replete with tables and graphs – on all the online media coverage your press releases manage to garner.